2020 Flag Football and Cheer League Calendar
- Monday May 15th - League registration opens
- Friday June 26th - Early registration discount ends at midnight (SAVE $20)
- Friday August 7nd - Registration ends at midnight
*** Drop in anytime during open hours to be sized for uniform and skills evaluation. Allow 1 hour.***
- Thursday July 16th - 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Saturday July 18th - 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Must attend one of the above Dates
- Saturday August 15 - Pre-season Mini Camps, 10 am to 12 pm
- Saturday August 29 - Pre-season Coaches training meeting, 10:00 am
- August 10-14th - Coaches call parents and players
- Monday August 17th - Practice week #1
- Saturday August 29th - Kick-off Pep Rally, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Monday September 7nd - Friday September 9th - NO PRACTICE
- Saturday September 12th - Game Day #1
- Saturday October 10th - Award celebration, Following Games
- Saturday October 31st - Final Game
Pre-Season Mini Camps
As an addition to the regular season any player or cheerleader who has registered for the league if able to attend for FREE a pre-season mini camp.
Games, skills training, drills, contests and bible devotions with life lessons and healthy competition all add up to fun and preparing everyone for the season.
Mini Camps will take place at Tri-County Baptist Church located at 8195 Beckett Road. All dates are free to those who register for the league.
- August 15th from 10 am to 12 pm for players and cheerleaders
- Mini camps are designed to allow the players and cheerleaders to meet each other and some of the coaches.
- Durring mini camp different stations are set-up so so player can learn some of the basic skills and drills of flag football.
Flag Football players will be taught specific skills and fundamentals essential to catching, center quarterback exchange, passing, speed and agility, flag pulling and defensive coverage skills.
Cheerleaders will learn fundamentals of cheer motions, proper jump form and jumps, stretching and jump exercises and core cheers.
Kick-off pep rally
2020 Season Kick-Off Pep Rally will take place on Saturday, August 29th at 6 pm at Tri-County Baptist Church.
Join us for team competitions, food, fun and bonfire!
If it rains we will move inside the gym for the fun.
Practice and Game Day Info
Practices are one day per week, coaches have the liberty to practice up to 90 minutes. All practices take place at Tri-County Baptist Church located at 8195 Beckett Road. You should plan to arrive 5-10 minutes before practice so that your coaches can start and finish on time.
Each week coaches will:
- Recognize skill levels and teach at appropriate levels for each participant
- Teach skills through specific drills and organized practices
- Instill a sense of sportsmanship and a competitive spirit with the right attitude
- Teach rules of the sport
- Teach and demonstrate a set of virtues outlined for the season using Bible lessons
Practices will begin the week of August 17.
***Players and cheerleaders should dress in clothes for physical activity while saving their uniforms to wear on game day.***
Game days take place at Tri-County Baptist Church. You should plan to arrive 15 minutes before game time.
Each week players are introduced like the pros with music and tunnels to run through as their teams are announced.
Players learn the game with a format designed to influence things such as ball size and game situations.
Games will begin September 15th and will occur each Saturday until the end of the season.
Free play is an important part of growing, learning and exercise. Your coach can offer tips of things they can work on at home if your player is interested. The emphasis is this should be FUN!
Each week your player will talk about different virtues based upon practical biblical life lessons at practice. Take these as an opportunity to see what they have learned and can apply to life off the field. We want to be supportive in your role as a parent in ministering to your children.
After games the best things to say are that you enjoyed watching them play, you love them and ask them if they had fun.
The experience of watching your son or daughter in a sport will go by quickly. Make sure you take the time to enjoy it and focus on what is important.